Saturday, September 24, 2011

Skies

I've always liked taking photographs around school because I like to capture moments of school life and what I always see around school. I like to stare at the sky and look at clouds moving. Usually, before morning assembly starts, I would look up at the sky. I'm always amazed by how beautiful the sky looks!

taken with Olympus E-510

I like how this photograph shows the complicated clouds confined within the building structure.

Other sky photographs I took (some are not in school) with my blackberry:







I really like taking photographs of the sky because the sky will never be the same, the clouds will always change in their shape and patterns because of the wind or weather. It's like a canvas painted in a different way every single day and time of the day. It gives much variety, which I enjoy capturing in photographs. I think that it is not easy to do photography sometimes because it takes a lot of patience, effort and you have to be quick in order to capture the right moment.

There were many times I was too lazy to get my camera out to take certain photos at that particular timing and missed the great moment. For example, taking photos of the sunset. I quickly captured the photos of the sky after the sunset, with my phone because I knew if I were to go back in to the house to get my camera, the colours of the sky would have changed. It takes a lot of practice to slowly get used to the idea of capturing things quickly if you want to and I'm still trying to learn that.

No comments:

Post a Comment