Saturday, September 24, 2011

London

Photographs I took in London with a colorsplash lomo camera! I chose not to use the colour flashes because I wanted to capture the original image/scene.


I took the 2 photos above at one of the art galleries because I thought the architecture was very pretty and unique.

at Trafalgar Square

I thought this photo turned out interesting as I captured many movements/moments are going on at the same time. The man taking a photograph of his family, the pigeon flying, the waterfall, two people having a conversation at the bottom right hand corner of the photograph.





This set of photos mean a lot to me because it was taken during a very memorable trip. Also, these are taken in film. This means that when I take a photo, I can't see it on the screen immediately and then decide if I want to retake it. Most of the time I will only take the photo once and move on to another scene/object to take because I will waste film if I were to keep taking the same thing. That's what makes film interesting and challenging at the same time. At times, I don't know if I've captured the right image I want to. So I have to be more careful whenever I take a photo. However, at the same time I do not want to be too restricted so I sometimes keep the mindset of "don't think, just shoot" and take photos of whatever I want to right at the moment and not think too much. I think I still need much more improvement on film photography for sure, but I think it really takes time, practice, patience and lastly, money for film and developing!!!

I like how the colours turned out to be more natural and toned down, unlike normal digital photographs that are usually very sharp and have bright colours.

The most rewarding part the process of doing film photography would have to be seeing your roll of film developed into photographs, held in your hands. I enjoy holding on to photographs on my hand because it feels much more realistic and closer to me, unlike digital photographs seen on screens.

No comments:

Post a Comment