Monday, September 26, 2011

Beginner

These are the works I did in Sec 1:

Pencil, A3, 9th January 2008

I thought I had good proportions and shading for the bottle for this piece, even though it was incomplete. I showed the reflections on the bottle and sectioned the parts to shade. Also, I lightened the lines where the bottles are further away, to show a sense of depth. But I think I had a limited range in tones and the tones looked similar throughout.

Pencil, A3, 14th February 2008

I think the drawing of my hand was a little out of proportion, too slanted. It was a difficult pose. I showed distinct tones but it wasn't well-blended and smoothened out, so the texture doesn't look like skin.

Water colour, A3, 4th April 2008

For this painting, I had good proportions but I think I should have added more tones.

Pencil, A3, 24th April 2008

I think I chose a good composition to draw but I could have added another mushroom to create a sense of depth in this drawing. I think I was sensitive in the tones for this drawing. I left many pencil marks on drawing and I think I shouldn't have drawn so hard onto the paper. When I erase it, it left really ugly marks. Could have been more careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment