Sunday, September 25, 2011

An Awesome Book


Dallas Clayton writes children books and I think he has amazing illustrations and drawings in his books!

What I really like about his works is that his works for children are so colourful, fun and inspiring! I think it's great to use art to influence and inspire others, especially children. He initially wrote this book for his son to tell him to never give up, but he didn't know that there were so many people around the world reading that book of his online. Many people wrote to him telling him that he had inspired them and many of them were reading that book to their children. I think it is very rewarding as an artist to know that many people appreciate your works! In return, he wrote another book "An Awesome Book of Thanks!"

You can read his book here!

He uses water colour and pen, which are my favourite mediums and that's one of the reasons why I picked water colour and pen for my coursework! I think it's simple and less messy as compared to oil painting. And I feel that the colours are so beautiful and the pen outlines can enhance the subject matter.

He created his art for his son, but ended up influencing and inspiring many others around the whole wide world, isn't it amazing? :-) I hope that maybe one day I'll be able to do something like that as well, because that is what I feel art is about, influencing and inspiring others to do even better in their life, or just to make them simply smile and cheer up their day!

Photo credits:

http://dallasclayton.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment