Sunday, September 25, 2011

Antoinette-Fleur





I am completely blown away by her works! It feels like Antoinette-Fleur is drawing a controlled piece of mess isn't it? I like how she makes use of so many colours and yet keep her subject matter recognisable! Her use of lines is simply impressive! It's like 乱中有 序 . I also like the fact that she uses one of the most basic marker pens from stabilo that we can find at any stationery store. In her mess of lines, it defines her subject matter clearly and I love how unique her style is. I have never seen anyone who can do something like that! She is also able to create different tones by overlapping different colours.

Not only does she do colourful illustrations, she does it in black and white too!



Even in black and white drawings, she is able to use lines to define the shapes and forms of a human being. I find it especially hard for me to do works like that because I like to be in much control of what I draw - defined and controlled lines. But Antoinette-Fleur's works seem like they are not fully controlled but yet she defines the forms, which I find amazing and challenging. It sort of inspires and challenges me to try drawing in this style next time because I have an interest in pen/marker drawings!

Image credits:

http://www.antoinettefleur.fr/

No comments:

Post a Comment