Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ceramics

Ceramics (2009)

It was our first try at ceramics and Mr Lim wanted us to experiment with textures! I remember creating textures with many different random things around the art room. We made 5 square pieces of clay then stuck them together using slip. Then we started to make different textures/designs around the box. I wanted to keep it simple and focus on creating textures so I didn't add on any other pieces of clay on it. I enjoyed the process a lot because it was very hands-on as compared to other works we did. We used our hands and had to creating textures with different tools. We also had to use our hands to control, press, pinch, and stick the pieces of clay together to form a box. Also, I liked the fact that we tried out a different medium instead of doing pencil drawings. It was a very experimental process because we did not have to work within a theme but just do whatever we want on the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment