Monday, September 26, 2011

Drawings

Here are some drawings/paintings I did during the AEP London/Paris Trip last year(2010).

Flower, pen, 22cm x 6cm

Flower 2, pen, 11cm x 4 cm

Drew the 2 flowers outside Tate Britain

Leaves, water colour, 17cm x 5cm

Flower, water colour, 7.5cm x 7.5cm
Did the 2 paintings above at Monet's Garden. Wish we had more time there though! I remember it was pretty cold that day. But it was amazing to be there when all the flowers were blooming so beautifully. I guess that was what made Monet's works so beautiful :-) It was amazing to be able to look at his garden, where he did many of his works! I think one's environment really affects what an artist do and create.

Pen drawing of Theodore Gericault's Lion

The original work:

Théodore GÉRICAULT, Tête de lionne

I think I made the lion look like a tiger...... I think I should have been more careful when drawing and shading in the details of the lion to make it look like what is it. The lines I used for shading could have been closer and neater.


Image credits:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/havala/4080454665/

No comments:

Post a Comment